Today was a very good busy day! First I should announce that Jing Huan's very best friend was adopted by my dear friend Lisa. and we will be skyping later this rmoning. I can't wait! and I am so excited about keeping these SWI sisters connected!!
Jing Huan slept very well last night. I let her sleep in her day clothes, and did not push a shower or anything on her and it worked out well. We had the bath tonight and she LOVED it!! She is so accomdating!, she is so neat, folds everything, puts everything away. She has her own corner (there are no drawers in the hotel, so I gave her a night table.) She is very proud when she puts things away. Ok, who told her this would be Joey's dream girl???
She has a fantastic appetite! What child eats vegetables in the morning? Our child does! How wonderful is that??
She loves her purse, goes in and out of it all day, organizing it, carrying it with her. When I put my glasses on, she opens her purse to get hers. When I put lipstick on, she has to put on her chapstick, when I take my camera out, she takes hers out. Joey gives her coins and she loves to take out her coin purse and look at all her coins and Yuan bills. She loves skittles and she just finished the small bag I gave her yesterday. Joey gave her m&Ms yesterday too. Today, we got her another bag, and she loved palying with the bag.
Today, we requested a DVD player to play all the Chinese cartoons we got. She loves them. She is already, popping the DVD in the system herself. And she loves Ni Hao Kai Lan on the portable DVD player. I also recroded Pucca and spongebob, so I wonder if she will like them. Ni Hao Kai Lan speaks Chinese, so I think this keeps her interest.
We went back to the Civil Affairs Office to officially sign all the paperwork. We had to wear masks today and it was very HOT. I was wet with sweat, so no photos of me. The Nannies gave Jing Huan a nice gift, a shell from Bei Hai...I can't tell you how perfect that is. She puts it to her ear and swears she can hear the ocean. I hope she can hear her homeland when she gets to the US!
She sat next to the window on the ride back and was very interested in the sites on the street. She pointed out to me somethings...Pleasant Goat (cartoon) on a car's dashboard!
When we got back to the hotel...which again, I LOVE, and wanted to put on her traditional Chinese outfit. She loves it! And look how beautiful she is!
Then we went swimming. We walked to the pool before we got dressed to see if she would be interested...of course she would! She knows "swimming" by doing the breaststroke. This child absolutely LOVED the pool. I will send some video! She laughed so HARD and had so much FUN. Ok, so now our pool at home will finally get used!
The clothes I got Jing Huan are too big!! She is more like a size 3-4. I am sending some clothes back with Joey who leaves tomorrow.....yes I am sad about Joey leaving. Soooo glad he was here for this week. Our guide explained to Jing Huan that he will be going back to work and she will see him again soon. During this times between the referral and meeting her, the Nannies at the SWI told Jing Huan, that we could not be with her because we had to work...I am not sure if she thinks this was all of her life. She calls us Mama and Baba as if we were always her mother and father. But I think this explains how she wanted to show us our picture the moment she saw us. And the other families are commenting that it is as if she has been with us forever. I can't tell you how well the BeiHai SWI prepares these kids for their forever families. Their work with her and other children is beyond words!
Today, Joey leaves. ;o(. I will try to get more photos this morning at breakfast. He leaves at 10 A. First we skype with Jinju. Then later today is supposed to be shopping with our guide. Then, of course, more swimming. And tonight, I will be sure that Jing Huan spends more time with the other 6 y/o who is having a hard time.
ok, now for the best part, pictures!!

LOVE the pictures of you as a family! Cant wait til she gets to meet her extended family...
ReplyDeleteLove!
Sandra, you are so right about how well prepared are girls were. It's as if you were writing about Jingju. Can't wait to Skype with you tonight! Again, I'm all teary reading about you and Jing Huan.
ReplyDeleteLisa
Oh my goodness she is so beautiful and I have never seen a little girl so happy. Congratulations and now hurry back to Miami so that we can meet.
ReplyDelete