Thursday, July 16, 2009

4th Day!

This will be short, as I had trouble accessing comcast this morning, and Tessa is stirring in her bed. That's right, I am calling her Tessa now. Yesterday, during our tour, I realized our guide,Kathy, was calling Jing Huan "Tessa." Actually she has been for a few days. She said that she is responding to it now. She also said better to transition her name in a place where she feels comfortable so it will be easier when you get home. Sounds GREAT to me! I was having a very hard time saying Jing Huan all the time, but I wouldn've continued for months or years if Jing Huan anted me to.  And a few days ago, I asked Kathy to ask Jing Huan if she liked Tessa...she shook her head "no." So yesterday, I used both names and will probably use both for a while.

 

I am having problems with the clothes I brought. They are too big or she is uncomfortable with the straps. She pulls on the straps and shakes her head "no, no."   (actually really cute!) We changed clothes 4 times yesterday. But she enjoyed posing in them, so at least I have the clothes captured on digital! ha ha.

 

Tessa is programed to pose! When she sees a beautiful flower or a tree, she stops, postiions herself, smiles and waits for me to take the camera out! Is this the child I've been dreaming about??? Me? who LOVES to take pictures?????  YES, YES, YES!!

 

We went to Quin Xiu Mountain and visited some beautiful sites only 15 minutes from our hotel. We went to a temple, where the people and some monks were worhshipping. I got a tassle with a blessing for Tessa to put in her room...it is for her to have a good life, to get smarter everyday and to be happy. It is made out of the local wood and smell so good! I will take a photo of it later to post.

 

I said, well, really I screamed my first "Nooooo" today at the mountain, when Tessa was walking too close to an edge. Then I said it again, and again....oh no...I can't! Tessa thinks I am playing all the time now, and is running from me waiting for me to chase her. When it happened at the pool, I said to myslef...nope, I gotta pick her up and go up to the room...we'll play there....ok, so I am exhausted now!!!   So, I think I'm ready for some calming down attachment work.....

 

We had "Rice Noodles" yesterday for lunch. I didn't know there was a difference, but these noodles are made of rice and are white. Tessa loves them. Then we went to the mall to see the movie...gosh plays only at 10 AM everyday. So I will have to buy it on the internent in a few months. It is "The Magic Astor" and Kathy says it is a good movie for kids.

 

We watched a little bit of Beauty and the Beast in Chinese. Lee and Rob bought it for their 6 y/o daughter, plus Bambi and some others. I am getting a little disturbed with the Pleasant Goat and Big Wolf cartoons...it is so violent! Kathy says she doesn't allow her 7 yo to watch it. The music is very hypnotizing tho. I will have to play the song for this blog. So will go to Walmart again, for more videos in Chinese! This is the most I've been to Walmart in.....forever!

 

Ok, what else? well, she is starting to speak English!! Did I say she is saying "I love you" ?? she is counting and repeating words off of the videos I recorded. Ok, let me post some pictures!

 

today we go the Parks I've read so much about and tomorrow we leave for Guanghzou.

Joey made it back home, has picked up the dogs and doing good. I miss him very, very much!

    

1 comment:

  1. Sandra,
    It is such an exhilarating time for you but remember to start out like you can hold out. Jing Huan is like a sponge right now but she is also in need of that wonderful attachment one on one time that you are sensing right now. You are such a great clinician and it looks like you are a great Mom too. Yes, your heart will stop cold with the prospect of danger lurking all around your precious baby. Yes she has learned to pose because she has been told present her best side so that someone will love her and want her. It will be so comforting for her to realize that you love her without the pretty clothes, without the bows and frillies, just her, in nothing but plain ole duds! Your heart picked her and that is all that matters, no straps attached. ;-)
    I am glad you are having a good time but be kind to yourself...you've been running on pure adrenaline for a while now.
    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete