Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 10, Great!

Today was great! It was mostly shopping and swimming, but a lot of exploring! At the shops on the island, we learned that the girls love to dance and sing! They were drawn to the musical instruments and with the flags and fans, they danced!

 

Jing Huan Tessa is getting a little too comfortable with the shopping and asking for things and hoping or thinking Mama will be saying ok. When Mama shook her head no the first few times, she wined a little. After a few times of this,she now just accepts that a no is a no, but knows Mama will get her something sometime!! ha ha. I love when she say "yay! and raises her hands making peace signs!! 

 

Yes, Mama spent some bucks today! It was fun going into the shops. The ones I loved were Jennys, Sherrys, Gift From China and Jordans. Items aren't super cheap, but they aren't too expensive either. I am also getting a silk traditional blouse made for $30 at a store which is located just to the right of the White Swan hotel, which I'll pick up tomorrow.

 

We got the girls traditional dolls with costumes from their province, so that they can have something special together to take home with them and remember eachother by. They have gotten really close while here in Guangzhou. I asked Kelly to let the girls know that we will be going to different homes in the next few days. Afterward, Tessa kept asking for "Xio Fang!"

 

Tessa is doing great at swimming! She loves it and is learning very fast. Today, we practiced holding her breath under water.

 

In the afternoon, the group walked to the Market! This is the market with all those Bizarre Foods!! The pictures will say it all! My Flip Video went dead so I missed the most interesting part, then I remembered to use the batteries from Tessa's camera. She found the walk very interesting. She is such the explorer!! One of the parents from the group ate a fried and seasoned scorpian on a stick! I remember those from the Amazing Race!!

 

Then our guide took me back to the Pearl Market while Tessa enjoyed some play time with Xio Fang. Lee Ann said the girls danced and sang and she captured it on video. I can't wait to get a copy! We plan to keep the girls connected by skyping, starting the day we leave for Beijing.  

 

Ok, now for pictures!   

No comments:

Post a Comment