Today was incredible!! We walked thru Ti an men Square and into the Forbidden City. Then we went to a silk factory and then to a cloesine shop before having some lunch. Then we headed to the Great Wall....WOW! We even drove by the Olympic Park and saw the Cube and the Nest.
The morning started out well. This was the first time I sat directly across from Jing Huan Tessa at breakfast (I usually sit next to her) so this provided a good kodak moment of her heating congee...which she loves. I will have to learn how to make it!! We toured with the new group today, who are about to meet their babies tomorrow. Tessa was the center of attention, having been just adopted. She did very well as she began to feel comfortable with some of the group and started to tease some of them.
Also, Tessa is a FABULOUS traveler and I am soooo glad that we did Beijing together! It is so nice that she was able to see some very important and historical places before she left.
Michael, our guide was always laughing at the comments Tessa made. He said she is a very happy girl and a good girl. Tessa is always talking! I wish I could understand her. Michael has translated some of her comments for me and they are very cute!! But I can't think of any of them now.
Tessa's frequent "neow, neow" has greatly decreased. When I ask Michael to tell her she must wait til we find a "toilet" she waits very calmly for a while. She minded MaMa all day. She had one little tantrum and that was when Mama stopped climbing the Great Wall. She wanted to go all the way to the top!!! She is amazing, but I am ready to see her have some fear of something!!
We had a wonderful tour of the square. I forgot our umbrella (i found it), but it worked out that vendors were selling the pretty silk ones. We all bought them and they were perfect for the girls. Oh yes, there were 3 American Chinese girls all around 5-7 y/o, who were in China to get their sisters. Tessa was a little shy, but did ok with them. She shared her candies and cookies.
I am soooo glad that at Linna's (in Guanghzou), the clerk brought out the squeaky shoes. They were perfect for this day. There were thousands of people in the square and in the Forbidden City and I knew where Tessa was all the time.
Well, I think I'll just start posting some pictures. Every moment seemed to be a kodak moment and I took lots of pictures.
We are having a great time, and we are ready to see Baba again soon!!
The morning started out well. This was the first time I sat directly across from Jing Huan Tessa at breakfast (I usually sit next to her) so this provided a good kodak moment of her heating congee...which she loves. I will have to learn how to make it!! We toured with the new group today, who are about to meet their babies tomorrow. Tessa was the center of attention, having been just adopted. She did very well as she began to feel comfortable with some of the group and started to tease some of them.
Also, Tessa is a FABULOUS traveler and I am soooo glad that we did Beijing together! It is so nice that she was able to see some very important and historical places before she left.
Michael, our guide was always laughing at the comments Tessa made. He said she is a very happy girl and a good girl. Tessa is always talking! I wish I could understand her. Michael has translated some of her comments for me and they are very cute!! But I can't think of any of them now.
Tessa's frequent "neow, neow" has greatly decreased. When I ask Michael to tell her she must wait til we find a "toilet" she waits very calmly for a while. She minded MaMa all day. She had one little tantrum and that was when Mama stopped climbing the Great Wall. She wanted to go all the way to the top!!! She is amazing, but I am ready to see her have some fear of something!!
We had a wonderful tour of the square. I forgot our umbrella (i found it), but it worked out that vendors were selling the pretty silk ones. We all bought them and they were perfect for the girls. Oh yes, there were 3 American Chinese girls all around 5-7 y/o, who were in China to get their sisters. Tessa was a little shy, but did ok with them. She shared her candies and cookies.
I am soooo glad that at Linna's (in Guanghzou), the clerk brought out the squeaky shoes. They were perfect for this day. There were thousands of people in the square and in the Forbidden City and I knew where Tessa was all the time.
Well, I think I'll just start posting some pictures. Every moment seemed to be a kodak moment and I took lots of pictures.
We are having a great time, and we are ready to see Baba again soon!!

No comments:
Post a Comment