today, we were up early to depart for Guangzhou by 6 AM. No problem for Jing Huan Tessa. She is such a little helper!! She is wearing the very first outfit I got her from Old Navy...I got a size 3T...what happened? why didn't I get all size 3? There is a wieght scale in all the hotel rooms-uh not something I want to do when I'm vacationing...weigh myself, but I was able to weigh Jing Huan Tessa and the luggage! She is only 35 pounds!
So today was Jing Huan Tessa's first airplane ride. She did very well. But she is still looking for Baba (daddy..Joey).
I love the "free" buggies for the bags...they make things so much easier. Why can't our airports be this easy?? Jing Huan Tessa enjoyed her ride on them and they entertained the girls for a while.
Before we arrived at the White Swan Hotel, we stopped by the medical clinic for their pictures and the TB test. Tessa did amazingly well, not a flinch.....until afterward when their was a speck of blood...she got mad at me...and told the guide that I made her get it. I asked the guide to explain what happened. I tried as best as I could to prepare her with my sign language....I wish the guide or the nurses had explained to her what happened. But it was crazy in there. The clinic was overflowing with adoptive families! We go back on MOnday to have her TB test read and to have her medical examination and hopefully, not too many vaccinations.
Wow!! We are in the White Swan Hotel. Wow! It's status reminds me of the Biltmore iHotel n the Gables. It is old, but very nice. We have a magnificent view of the main street. The floors are marble and the fixtures are polished brass. The beds are hard, but I slept 10 hours in it! There were many fancy dressed locals walking thru, (many weddings) and the girls were impressed!
The lobby has a beautiful waterfall and there are huge Koi fish in it. We made the mistake of eating at the incredible buffet for midday dinner. It was costly! $57 for the two of us. Later in the afternoon, we walked over...across the street, to the "seven eleven" and got water, noodles and other delights for way, way cheaper!!! The buffet is free for breakfast, so this is when we will partake of the buffet.
The internet is broadband and $40 for 7 days. It is a lot faster, costly, but worth it.
ok, now more pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment