So there are 13 GWCA families here and tens of adoptive families from other agencies! I've recognized many from their blogs. wow! We had a great day today and Jing Huan Tessa true personality is showing thru. Our guide and her niece say that Tessa is "naughty".....hmmm, ok, that's a scary word. So I ask what they mean or what's another word that describes her..."she's active, talking all the time, always funny, silly" ok, that's better!
The breakfast buffet was great. It is a little difficult eating by oursleves, but Tessa is very good. She won't eat unless I also get a plate and she is very good to sit and wait for me while I get my plate after we get hers. I ensure that she can see me all the time and I wave to her from the buffet so she will know that I see her too. She likes this! She is a big eater too!
Today we went to the Chen Family Temple. It is very old and was kept open during the revolution as a printing place. It is known for great artistry and carvings. This is the place to get a "chop." A carving with your child's name. I pinched myself for forgetting the characters of her name, but then I thought the nannies did not call her Jingxin, but called her Jing Huan. So I got a "wood carving ball" from her province. It is very nice. I picked up some nice momentos for her like a painted comb, a tasel with her calendar sign-a sheep, a necklace with a blessing, a silk embroidered picture and more small things which I'll take a picture of and post.
Tessa and Brendlee had a lot of fun today, talking and laughing. The Bowring family gave Brendlee an older camera and she has just beamed with it. They both enjoy taking their own photos of eachother, themselves and others. They are so cute!!!!
So after the Chen Family Temple, we went to the "French Walmart," which of course to me was the Chinese Walmart! Jing Huan wanted to be placed in the buggy. Yes, that makes it nice for Mama! She enjoyed riding around. I picked up some drawing/coloring books and, well, more DVDs! They were only 50 cents! I had to! So Walmarts prices were doubled! I got some great video of us in the store, then I was asked to stop.
We had some down time back at the hotel...well, sortof. Jing Huan Tessa was still wound up. I am so glad we spent those first few days in a positive "baby" kind of way. She is asking to do some of those activities: play time, lotion me time, cuddle me time, neow neow time...where I hold her to wash her hands." But today I put the garbage can turned down (it is solid wood) to use as a step, so she can reach the sink by herself. She loved it. The first time she was the bathroom a long time, then called me in to show me what she had done. I had our toothbrush and paste in one glass. She had separated them and put her brush and paste in another glass, so we had our own!
She pouted a little for the first time, finally! Most of it was from discomfort. After we had left the hotel for dinner with the group, she expressed her distress over the hipster pants I got from Old Navy...they kept slipping down!
We ate at a local Catonese Restaurant. It was nice. The girls were very, very rambunctions!!!! They enjoyed their cameras very, very much. Then we walked along the water...OMG, gorgeous! We will dine here one night.
ok, this little girl and Mama are ready for bed, it is late! it is 8PM...ha ha.
ok, now for pictures and videos.

No comments:
Post a Comment