Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home

Tonight, Tessa discovered she has a CD player and a disco ball. We played Children's Chinese music to bed. Tessa loved the music and the lightt show. She sang and bopped herself to sleep.

We are still adjusting to the time change, but I am hoping she will sleep the whole night. We were up all last night, eating noodles and cuddling. I am still not totally unpacked, but getting there. Tomorrow, we will go to the grocery store, a Chinese Market and pick up some things that I need like a step for the bathroom.

Tessa is speaking more and more English everyday. I'm not pushing it, tho. I don't want her to lose her Mandarin. Auntie Siu will be over tomorrow and Patra will be over on Saturday. I'm playing her Chinese DVDs along with the English DVDs and she's doing well with both.
Also, my inexpensive Crayola TV/DVD player plays Chinese DVDs!!

My time is very limited now, but I hope I can continue to document her progress. This has been the most amazing time of my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment