Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Incredible Reunion with SWI Sister, Yanni!!
We are not sure if the girls are speaking Mandarin or their dialect from Bei Hai City. If anybody knows, please leave a comment. The girls talked and talked and this must have felt good for both of them. They hugged and smiled all afternoon and they talked about Jingju (in Connecticut). A word we could understand was Mama...so we knew they were talking about their new lives with their new families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I LOVE seeing what chatterboxes the girls are with each other. How special that her friend is so close (relatively speaking). Seeing the pics of them together in china, and then together here makes me cry everytime I look at them. We're so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteKind regards,
Carol and Taylor
The only word I picked up for sure is "Lao Shur" which means "teacher" in mandarin. (I've had 3 years of mandarin - but it has been a LONG time since I used it. My daughter is 10 and we traveled 9 years ago.)
ReplyDeleteVonna in Kansas
I love seeing how animated Tessa is when speaking Chinese. Did I hear them talk about Mickey Mouse? I wonder if Jingju would speak Chinese again if she was with them. How wonderful that Tessa has connected with two lifelong friends!
ReplyDeleteI just love watching and listening to them talk. They are so fortunate to have each other.
ReplyDeleteWhat a reunion for these two girls...there is no closer bond than that of 2 sisters...especially 2 adopted sisters. I can't think of a better gift outside of loving Tessa, that you could have given her. You have literally flattened the world for your daughter, Sandra, and removed that whole "lost" feeling a child can get when they leave their country or origin. God sure did prep you on all the bells and whistles available available for the adoption process. I am so happy for you and Tessa and all her sisters.
ReplyDeleteOh makes me teary to hear them talking in Chinese. How wonderful to see them together. I can't wait for Jingju to join them!
ReplyDeleteThey were speaking mandarin. Tessa was trying to show a DVD (A story about a mouse and a cat? Tessa said the mouse is a good mouse), while Yanni was asking "Your new Mama bought all these DVDs for you?". Then Yanni was asking: "Do you feel pain when you are wearing that clip in your hair?" Tessa replied proudly: "Of course not. I have many many more like this". Can't understand all of what they have said, but it seems like they have a lot of thoughts on their minds.
ReplyDeleteThat was amazing to listen to, and i really enjoyed the interpretation from Yifan Tan! Thanks for explaining...
ReplyDeleteBecky McCray ~ aka: Sandra's little Sister