

An incident happened at Tessa's old school that put a fire under me. She was poked with a pencil that broke skin by a boy who didn't know how to communicate "excuse me." Actually, that was the final incident; Tessa getting exposed to some aggressive behavior that was bothersome to me, she had been getting hit by boys and coming home with many negative phrases "stop it, don't do that..." She misses her old teacher and my eating breakfast with her every morning, but Tessa is now in an awesome Chinese Immersion charter school that just opened this fall and she is in a class that teaches Mandarin for an hour everyday! Next year, she will have 2 hours of Mandarin every day!!! I have to drive a little farther, get up a little earlier, but she loves the school, I love the school and it is so worth it!!
I am so happy for you! As a public school teacher, I can tell you how annoyed I get with behaviors that we just have to put up with. My own daughter has been hit, knocked down, etc... and we're told it's because of a disability. I'm all for equal opportunity, but I'm also for child safety! I was anti-charter school...but lately...I'm thinking I want to start my own!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the new school. It will be so worth it! I wish we had some Mandarin options where I live. The closest is almost 2hrs away. :(
I'm so happy for Tessa to have this school where she will be able to keep her language. I do believe this is so important.
ReplyDeleteWe're hoping that eventually Rachel will be able to speak Mandarin, as well.
Tessa looks so sweet in her new uniform. I love all the drawings on the refrigerator and Mocha by her side.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear about the new school. I would love to have a school like that near where I live. It sounds like such a blessing.
ReplyDelete