Monday, November 16, 2009
A Thankful Daughter
I've finally got it on video! Every day, Tessa says she is thankful for something; it is her bedroom, her toys, the bed, the food etc. On this day (last week), while driving, she started talking and listing the things she was thankful for having. I decided to pull over and have her say it all again. Some of what she had already said, she didn't repeat on her own, so it looks like I'm coaching her, but I wanted to remind her.....Tessa started out thankful that she has a Mama and a Baba. She really is so happy to have the new life and all the new things she has now.
And last night while we were eating dinner, Tessa said "Tessa loves house!!" And I said to her "Mama loves you in it!" After saying it, I realized that that comment might be over her head, but this is what she said! "Mama is happy that Tessa came a long way from China to house?"
Yes, I had to hold back from just bursting into tears...but I'm sure she saw my eyes swell up and I just grabbed her and held her really, really tight and told her much I loved her and how so very smart she was!!
What I've learned is that Tessa really wanted a Mama and Baba and probably saw many babies leave the SWI to be with families while she stayed behind... that Tessa is a very loving and affectionate child and wanted badly to be loved too.... that I never thought my love for her could grow any deeper....but it does every day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, Sandra -- that made ME cry! What an incredible moment that had to be! And how amazing that she graps such complex ideas without having a firm grasp on the English language yet. Amazing! I'm so happy for you and the awesome changes that are happening in your life...
ReplyDeletelove, Beck :o)
This is a beautiful post, after reading it I had to run and hug my babies! Children are such a gift. It amazes me how much English Tessa is speaking in such a short time.
ReplyDeleteDaisy and Leah
PS: I noticed she mentioned "shoes" more than once; a girl after my own heart!
Wow! Tessa just blows me away. She is beautiful inside as well as outside. Her grasp of being thankful is amazing. She gets it whereas many children her age are thankful for toys, she gets it. She put a smile on my face this morning. Thanks Tessa!
ReplyDeleteWishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteCarol and Taylor
Love this video! Tessa is such a sweet child. She was really meant to be with your family. I'm very impressed with her English.
ReplyDeleteI miss your posts! I'm sure you are very busy with the upcoming holidays and the N.Y. reunion. Would love to be a fly on the wall when those three girls reunite!