Friday, January 1, 2010

Tessa & Jing Ju Reunion!

It is December 27, 2009. We are in NYC and at the W Court Hotel. It has been about 9 months since the girls last saw each other. Lisa and I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time.

Lisa and I first met on the internet on a yahoo group. I saw her post and emailed her immediately on December 20, 2008:

"My husband and I were matched with Jingxin in September and we finally got our dossier completed and to the agency today. Jingxin, who is also 5 1/2, is from the same institute as Jingju and I bet they are FRIENDS!!! How awesome is that???"

I remember thinking how similar the girls seemed, close age, same name, then learned that Lisa and I were both clinical social workers.....just too incredible....we waited in agony together to get our girls. I learned so much from Lisa and she helped me with all the internet stuff. She traveled before me and I learned from her travels and it was during my travels that we found out the girls were much more than friends!! They are like sisters who have known each other since the beginning of their lives!!


Here they are together again...a little shy at first...and talking about their teeth again!

No comments:

Post a Comment