Tuesday, May 11, 2010
My Special First Mother's Day
I've always considered myself a mother of sorts; mother to our pets, to my guardian ad litem children, and just a nurturer in general, but this was my first Mother's Day in a traditional way and it was very special. Tessa's school helped the children understand the meaning and appreciation of the holiday and my husband helped Tessa help me celebrate this special day. The school had "Doughnuts with Mom" and the Moms had to guess which works of art were created by their child. And then they sang to us....it was a very emotional morning indeed. And my hubby took Tessa shopping. They came back with a Barbie purse for Tessa, red lipstick for me, lots of chocolate and a beautiful orchid. Then we went to my favorite place in Key Largo. I am very grateful that I can celebrate this day and I honor my mother and all mothers for they are the heartbeat of life.
Oh, and check out Tessa's description of her MaMa. LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I cannot believe how much she has grown and changed. She has always been gorgeous, but she now looking so grown up. You are doing a fabulous job! I hope you enjoyed mother's day.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Mothers Day. So glad it was extra special and i love Tessa description of you.
ReplyDelete