

Tessa continues to amaze us and is doing very well. There are two things that I worry about: her clingyness and her poor growth. I am working on her clingy behavior; I had thought she was doing better, but both my husband and I have observed her inappropriate affection to people she has known only a short while (minutes). We have discussed boundaries, but I guess it wasn't good enough...so more work this summer.
And her growth....well, everyone has told me "she will grow..." It has been almost a year and she hasn't. I've watched her classmates grow 2-3 inches taller and they are all a year younger, and now much taller than Tessa. So, now that school is out, we've been busy. We saw a specialist yesterday and got a lot of lab work ordered today. We're going to rule Celiac and Lactose Intolerance first. Then we have another appt at the end of the month with another specialist. I won't pursue anything that will facilitate growth, but I want to determine if everything is ok, and if we can adjust her diet to help her absorb enough nutrients to help her grow.
We're getting ready for a big road trip to see family. Tessa is excited about seeing her cousins again. I think she will do very well.

I have a peanut also. Rosie has been seeing Dr Katouby for over a year now. After ruling out EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE thing and sorting out her digestive issues I am hoping she has now decided Rosie is just small. We don't have another appointment until September, the longest stretch we have ever gone without seeing her. At age 41 months she is wearing 18-24 months...not even 2T. Has Tessa added any weight at all? I won't go with anything to make her gain weight or grow either!
ReplyDeleteIf you want to talk you have my email!
Tessa has changed so much and grown in many other ways. Lily on the other hand just grew and grew immediately, she got quite chubby initially.
Happy Birthday Tessa! We'll be praying that all the news from the doc is good news. Good luck. My T is a bit too familiar with strangers, as well. ...and I got her at 8.5 months, so go figure. Lots of boundary talk in this house, all the time. Again, good luck.
ReplyDeleteHope you guys have a great summer.
Such beautiful family pictures. Tessa looks so happy, and so do Mama and Baba!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you will have time to see the specialists this summer. Hope you can get some answers and all goes well. She has had a wonderful first year at school and learned so many things.